Monday, September 20, 2010

That kissing a frog and him turning into a prince….let’s talk about it, shall we???

I think that story really just fucked up way too many females lives (ok let’s be fair, many men too).
I think fairytales really just shouldn’t be told to little girls, because seriously
I can let down my hair from the sixth floor, and there is not going to be a Prince down there ready to save me…ok my hair might not reach the ground floor, but I could get extensions to at least get it to the fifth floor 

I know, I know, sitting around waiting for that Prince is just sad, but if from about the age of two, you hear about how true love’s kiss will have you live happily ever after… Explains why you’ve maybe kissed more people than you can remember?? Be honest..

You meet some man, know it wont work out, but think,” maybe just maybe… he is my froggie ”
Luckily I’m not a believer, but I see it everyday, I’m an actions speak louder than words kinda girl.
You know how people can say all kinds of things, all kinds of nice, sweet things, all the things you want to hear. Aren’t we all soooooooo good at that, whispering sweet nothing’s in order to get what we want from person x or y?
Then suddenly person x does something so mean and wrong, like lying, cheating, stealing, but they say things like “ oh I didn’t mean to” or “oh I thought YOU were cheating, lying, stealing ” or “ I’m so sorry forgive me ” or “ I didn’t mean to hurt you, it just happened, I was drunk, high, slipped and fell ”


And what do we do?? We suck it up and give them a second chance, third chance, tenth chance we go against every instinct inside us, saying NOOOOOO, because if that Snow White, Cinderella, Rapunzel, could have a man who she kissed and ta- da happily ever after….

Then just maybe I need to kiss my froggie a bit longer, harder, less/ more tongue, eyes open/ closed ?

Alas my friends it’s not true, not going to happen… sure you’ll meet a great man/and he’ll rock your world and you’ll love each other and have a great life BUT don’t ever fool yourself into thinking that some man/ woman will make your life so much better, you can do it, YOU!, you are the one that will make your life so much better!! also if you’ve kissed that frog once and he aint no Prince yet, IT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!
THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment