You meet them everyday, young women of colour, out there in the world doing their thing. Most are highly educated with at least a 1st degree under their belts. On the outside they are strong, smart, independent and confident. Yet in certain situations....something comes over them and next thing you know, its like you are in an episode of Muvhango!
The behaviour habits of these women:
1. Kneeling down to serve men dinner. Now I'm all for catering to my man, but I'm gonna do it standing up! And the favour will be returned...this is not a one way street.
2. When invited to a braai, making a beeline for the "women" where she proceeds to start whipping up a salad, buttering rolls and organising plates (Please note, she is not even at her own house!). Whilst this is happening, the men are outside grunting, drinking beer and making the fire. Now im sorry but, as much as I can make a good salad, I will not be forced to be in the kitchen whilst the men are having a good time. So my tip is, bring the salad pre-made, arrive with a 6 pack of Heiniken and get out there n mingle with the men...they so much more fun anyway!
3. The desire to dish for the men in the room, serve them first and give them the best food. Now this is where I draw the line! I mean, yes let the man have the big piece of chicken. But this hierarchy thing....nah! In my palace, its self service...unless you my man and Ive invited you over for dinner.
No, you are probably asking yourself...How is it that these well educated, independent women fall into the trap of Muvhangoisation.....
- Some people blame it on culture. As much as we are all living in the 21st century, certain traditional continue to exist. But people must remember, these traditions were put into place when women had no rights and were just baby making, in the kitchen, wives and mother.
The modern women has so much more to do. I mean we have empires to build, careers to establish, Christian Lubbuton heels to buy and cocktails to drink! Hence we cannot be expected to be doing all this serving on bended knee and shuffling out of a room crap!
So if you are an independent ambitious man who cannot handle an independent ambitious women, who is on your level and will stimulate you mentally, emotionally and physically....then don't even bother! Head back to the village and get your self a nice Muvhango looking woman, ready to cook and shuffle at your beck and call...

No comments:
Post a Comment